Monday, March 27, 2006

Bridge 2 Bridge - March 26th, 2006 - 10K


I had a fun time doing this 10K. It was a bit cold at the start, but once we finally got going I warmed up really quickly...

They ran a 5K and a 10K at the same time. With the 5K people starting 5 minutes behind us in the 10K. There were about 1000 people in total on the course. And I was very surprised when I looked at the results to see that there were 75 people behind me! This was definitely an event that attracted runners and walkers alike.

We went across the Broadway bridge and the Freemont bridge. They touted that this was the only race that went over the Freemont bridge, but I had been over it before when I did the Providence Bridge Pedal last summer. During the biking event we got to go over the top deck of the bridge, which was spectacular (Very high up with great views). This event had us on the lower deck with a lane and the shoulder blocked off for us to walk in while there were still cars going by on the other lanes... This made for some pretty nasty exhaust fumes... I was happy to be off the bridge and back out in the fresh air!

I went pretty quickly, and uneventfully on this event. I enjoyed people watching & looking at the sights that the course took us through. I was happy to finish bettering my 10K time by a few minutes... 1 hour 18 minutes - 6.2 miles

I took one of our "play" digital cameras with me & hope to get the pictures downloaded and posted on here soon.

Here's one picture from the company that was taking pictures of the event:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home